Baggage Handling SystemsVarioTray
We adapt tray solutions to your needs
Our innovative new-generation system meets your unique requirements and fully adapts to your processes. The modular system includes small, medium, big and over-sized trays, and supports state-of-the-art baggage handling processes. It also sorts and transports large and bulky items such as surfboards and skis.
We are proud to have broken new ground more than 40 years ago by being the first to introduce trays in automatic baggage handling. Since then, we have continually optimized and adapted new technology to our baggage handling tray portfolio. Our tray technology is in use the world over and integrated in many international airports. When laid out end to end, our tray system now stretches several hundred kilometers.
Benefits at a glance
- Speed: Top speeds of up to 10 meters per second
- Cost efficiency: The use of rollers for belts and trays increases energy efficiency and reduces wear
- Accuracy: The unique roller guidance system means trays are routed safely and accurately at all times through the baggage handling system. All trays have radio-frequency identification (RFID) and reach the right destination with an almost 100% reliability rate
- Scalability:Trays and standard conveyors are scalable
- Sturdy design: Trays and conveyor components are designed for long lifetimes
Innovative tray technology for reliable 24-hour operation
Our proven VarioTray portfolio includes intelligent process control for your entire baggage handling system. Included are the integration of the very latest X-ray machines, process control for high throughput rates, and various stacker solutions for storing excess trays. Roller conveyor belts prevent sliding friction between the belt and conveyor. This lowers energy consumption and reduces wear.
The VarioTray components read important operational data that is stored in MindSphere, the open, cloud-based IoT operating system from Siemens. Computer-based monitoring interprets the data and provides information on the baggage handling system's current performance. Early alerts about changes in condition and wear means that you are well prepared for predictive maintenance. This helps you avoid unplanned system downtimes and prevent operational interruptions.