Airport Logistics Siemens Logistics and Airport Solutions at Passenger Terminal Expo (PTE)
Siemens Logistics and Airport Solutions hosts an attractive booth and delivers an up-to-date presentation at this year’s Passenger Terminal Expo from March 10 to 12, 2015, at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles. The company is displaying its complete portfolio for baggage, cargo, IT and service in Hall 4, Booth 1055.
Visitors can experience live installations of the Siamos airport IT solution and the Baggage Vision System, amongst others. Furthermore, Siemens Logistics and Airport Solutions is represented on PTE’s speaker list: Lim Yi from Singapore Changi Airport and Svetlozar Delianski, Product Lifecycle Manager Airport Logistics from Siemens, hold a joint presentation on their experience with the Baggage Vision System on March 12, 2015, at 10:35 am.
Press releases and detailed information on these topics will follow:
- Baggage Vision System: optical character recognition (OCR) and barcode reading are combined to deal nonreadable bag tags.
- Siamos: the answer to airport operators’ increasing needs for a comprehensive process overview of all airport processes.
- VarioSort TTS 1100: a new tilt-tray sorter helps airports to quickly and efficiently deal with large amounts of baggage.
- Operation and maintenance (O&M): Siemens is the trusted O&M partner of Dubai International airport and has processed a record-breaking baggage load during the last holiday peak.
- Self-check-in and bag drop: now being piloted at Madrid-Barajas Airport, the solution allows passengers to issue their own boarding passes, obtain bag tags, and drop off their baggage without any assistance from airline personnel.