Flexibility is a must
Each airport has a unique architecture and setup, and as such, the baggage handling system has to adjust to site-specific conditions. Belt conveyor technology is the most common technology for baggage transport in airports. Flexibility is a must, as is the ability to transport baggage of all sizes. Conveyors typically have heavy transport loads to tackle, so they need to be capable of high throughput performance.
VarioBelt is the appropriate solution
Finally, airport operators want the highest availability possible with the lowest costs during the entire lifecycle. Siemens has developed VarioBelt, a belt conveyor platform that provides the right solution for every need.
SmartMotion, a conventional belt conveyor, is the most common product for day-to-day airport needs.
PeakMotion, a heavy-load belt conveyor, fits the bill for applications with high loads, such as oversized baggage or bulk loaded conveyors.
Standardized interfaces for a wide range of components ensure smooth operation and material flow. A variety of add-ons and accessories are also available.
- Optimized connections between the conveyors so that even small items can be handled safely
- High reliability as a result of a robust design as well as high quality flange bearings and rollers
- Reduced costs for spare parts, since the entire conveyor requires only seven of them
- Pinch-point-free connection sets to other equipment help prevent bag jams, thereby providing smooth operation and the highest availability
- Maintenance-friendly design with short repair times of under 30 minutes. Quick-removal covers allow fast and excellent access for maintenance
Three-way baggage sorting with just one device
Floorspace at airports is expensive and very often limited. Therefore, baggage handling systems and associated components must ideally have a small footprint.
VarioBelt TilterPlus is a belt conveyor with an unparalleled tilting device for efficient transport of baggage. The highly functional mechanism is capable of conveying items straight ahead as well as to the left and the right. Since three directions are served with just one sorting device, significantly less machines are required for a baggage handling system.
Modular and easy to extend
VarioBelt TilterPlus allows airports a modular expansion of their systems. If necessary, the desired number of additional devices is inserted into the existing sorting line. The installation work can be carried out during running operations.
Moreover, VarioBelt TilterPlus offers different individual layout configurations. Connectivity solutions at 90, 45 and 0 degrees – without implementing curves – are possible to the connecting conveyor. This allows customers to make optimal use of their space.
- Three-way sortation with only one device
- Modular and easily extendable
- Different individual layout configurations possible
- Space-saving solution
- Simple maintenance; spare parts compatible with VarioBelt conveyor system