Data Privacy Notice
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Siemens Postal Parcel & Airport Logistics GmbH. Therefore, SPPAL and their affiliated companies processes personal data in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
3. Transfer and disclosure of personal data
SPPAL may transfer personal data to other Siemens companies or third parties, but only if and to the extent such transfer is required for the purposes mentioned above.
If legally permitted to do so, SPPAL may transfer personal data to courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
SPPAL commissions service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers, which only act upon instructions of SPPAL and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
Recipients of personal data may possibly be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“third countries”), in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of the respective individual’s home country.
In such cases, SPPAL takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of personal data by other means.
- We share personal data with Siemens companies in third countries only if they have implemented the SPPAL Binding Corporate Rules („BCR“) for the protection of personal data. Further information about the SPPAL BCR can be found here.
- We transfer personal data to external recipients in third countries only in case the respective recipient (i) entered into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with SPPAL, (ii) implemented Binding Corporate Rules in its organization or (iii) – in case of US recipients – the recipient is certified under the Privacy Shield. Affected individuals may request further information and copies of the safeguards by contacting SPPAL.
Personal data published by you on SPPAL Online Offerings (such as chat rooms or forums) may be globally accessible to other registered user of the respective SPPAL Online Offering.
4. Retention Periods
Unless explicitly indicated otherwise at the time of collecting personal data (e.g. by a consent form accepted by you), we erase personal data if the retention of the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and no statutory retention obligations under applicable law (such as tax or commercial law) require us to further retain personal data.
5. Right to withdraw consent
In case you declared your consent for the processing of certain personal data by SPPAL, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time with future effect, i.e. the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. In case consent is withdrawn, SPPAL may only further process the personal data where there is another legal ground for the processing.
6. Right of access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, restriction of processing, right to object to processing and right to data portability
Under applicable data protection law you may – provided that the relevant legal requirements are met – have the right to:
- Obtain from Siemens confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Obtain from SPPAL the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Obtain from SPPAL the erasure of your personal data;
- Obtain from SPPAL restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
7. Data Privacy Contact
The SPPAL Data Protection Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights. The SPPAL Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: email@example.com.
The responsible Data Privacy Officer of SPPAL is:
Katharina von Koeding
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics GmbH
Legal and Compliance
PPAL LC CO
Colmberger Str. 2
90451 Nuremberg, Germany
The SPPAL Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the SPPAL Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
The data protection authority competent for SPPAL, Germany is:
Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
Königstrasse 10 a
70173 Stuttgart, Germany
A list of national data protection authorities is available here.