Siemens presents extensive airport portfolio at the Airport Show in Dubai
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics will be presenting its entire portfolio for airports and airlines at the Airport Show in Dubai. The portfolio includes innovative solutions for baggage and cargo handling as well as airport software and comprehensive service options. From May 9 to 11, 2016 the Siemens team will be receiving industry professionals on Stand 5240, Zabeel Hall 5, at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The key topics at this year's fair will include:
- New tray: More efficient baggage handling thanks to the lightweight screenable tray, which permits the integration of ultra-modern x-ray devices into Siemens' high-speed systems
- SmarTray: Innovative tool for the automatic inspection of tray systems which provides an excellent basis for condition-based and preventive maintenance
- Operation & maintenance: Highest service standards thanks to pre-established key performance indicators (KPIs) and performance-based contracts
- Intelligent data management and monitoring system: Trendsetting software ensures greater transparency and provides a basis for the decisionmaking process of baggage handling system operators
- Air cargo systems and software: Siemens offers comprehensive solutions for increasing throughput and efficiency to deal with growing air freight volumes and limited storage capacity.
For a number of years now, Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics runs its baggage and cargo handling business in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) by the name of SD (Middle East) LLC. The business is a successful joint venture with Al Moosa Group Investment LLC. SD (Middle East) LLC provides sales, marketing and technical know-how as well as maintenance and operation of the systems installed.