Flexibility is a must
Each parcel hub has a unique architecture and setup, and as such the parcel sorting system has to adjust to sitespecific conditions. Flexibility is a must, as is the ability to transport parcels of all sizes. The belt conveyors typically used in parcel sorting hubs have heavy transport loads to tackle, so they need to be capable of high throughput performance.
VarioBelt is the right solution
Finally, hub operators want the highest availability possible with the lowest costs during the entire lifecycle. Siemens has developed VarioBelt, a belt conveyor platform that provides the right solution for every need. It is designed for the safe transport of parcels of all sizes. Standardized interfaces for a wide range of components ensure steady operations and a smooth material flow. A variety of add-ons and accessories are also available.
VarioBelt can be operated as a metering belt that precisely positions and sorts goods with high-level metering frequency and short accelerating and braking distances. Alternatively, VarioBelt can be operated as a straight belt that transports goods reliable over long distances. The System is based on a modular concept. VarioBelt can be tailored in regard to length and inclination to meet specific customer requirements.
- Optimized connections between the conveyors so that even small items can be handled safely
- High reliability as a result of a robust design as well as high quality bearings and rollers
- Reduced costs for spare parts, since the entire conveyor requires only seven of them
- Maintenance-friendly design with short repair times of less than 30 minutes. Quick-removal covers allow fast and excellent access for maintenance
- A smart torque arm assembly ensures always 100% horizontal or vertical motor alignment