The cross-belt sorter platform VarioSort EXB processes a large range of parcel sizes
VarioSort EXB, an electrical cross-belt sorter platform that is sturdy, straightforward and highly efficient. It provides all essential features necessary to precisely fulfill rising sorting requirements. The VarioSort EXB is based on over two decades of in-depth application and engineering experience. It is field proven for the sortation of very light items (down to 0.1 kg), a growing segment in e-commerce. VarioSort has a throughput up to 13,000 pieces per hour.
VarioSort EXB Single for large parcels
VarioSort EXB Single provides the highest accuracy in item handling due to the active control of the item position on the cell and its discharge trajectory. The result is a higher level of sorting accuracy. Additionally, it provides the widest range of item handling.
VarioSort EXB Twin for small parcels and rest mail
VarioSort EXB Twin is ideal for sorting smaller parcels. Instead of one cross belt, the VarioSort EXB Twin has two cross belts on one carrier, which results in optimum utilization of valuable space in automated parcel sorting centers.
- Extremely flexible configuration and management in regard to length, carrier, outlets, transport speed and identification
- Very high sorting accuracy thanks to automatic parcel repositioning and an item-specific discharge pattern
- High efficiency due to a precise induction process
- Flexibility of sorter usage including a lower transport speed for fragile goods
- Double carrier functionality for a wider parcel spectrum
Misplaced Item Clearer (MIC) automatically removes intercell items from cross-belt sorters
Misplaced Item Clearer (MIC) is the optimal support for handling small, light-weight and oddly-shaped consignments on cross-belt sorters. The innovative device addresses a common problem in sorting centers: Many small-sized and lightweight e-commerce items shift, roll or tilt during induction. They often end up on the cover between cross-belt carriers. These items cause shipping delays which in turn entail high costs. Besides, they lower the sorter’s overall capacity by blocking the respective cross-belt carrier.
MIC uses an intelligent sensor system to detect misplaced parcels lying on the cover plates. It automatically removes them using compressed air and moves them into a designated outlet. Consignments can thus be processed immediately without interrupting sorter operations to manually put these misplaced parcels aside. MIC can be easily and quickly integrated. The device is installed at the sorter itself, independently from the sorter manufacturer and without requiring integration into the system’s IT.
- Supports fulfillment of service-level agreements due to prevention of shipment delays
- Higher efficiency thanks to increased sorter throughput
- Easy to install, without IT integration
- Quick return on investment
- Higher productivity of maintenance activities