Siemens presents its innovative airport portfolio at inter airport Europe
Munich Trade Fair hosts this year's world-renowned inter airport Europe trade fair from October 6 to 9, 2015. Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics GmbH (SPPAL) presents its comprehensive portfolio for airports and airlines at Stand 1260, Hall B5. It includes innovative products and solutions in the fields of baggage and air cargo handling as well as software and customer services.
The key topics at this year's fair include for example:
- VarioSort tilt-tray sorter: This new solution helps airports to quickly and efficiently deal with large amounts of baggage.
- Baggage Vision System: A combination of optical character recognition (OCR) and barcode reading is the solution for non-readable bag tags.
- Air cargo systems and software: With freight volumes rising and storage capacity limited, solutions that increase throughput and efficiency are in demand.
- Operation and maintenance: Customized services from Siemens maximize the reliability and availability of baggage and cargo handling systems throughout their lifetime.
- Aviation software: Innovative solutions quickly and easily generate an overview of the business processes at major airports which are getting more and more complex.
At the same time Siemens expands the focus beyond the airport: Together with SPPAL’s subsidiary AXIT, the company presents a comprehensive software platform for the logistics industry. These cloud-based applications provide full data and process transparency for supply chains around the world.
The Smart Airports Conference takes place in parallel with inter airport and also examines key trends and developments in the aviation industry. Siemens experts are there too, sharing an exciting insight into the fields of aviation software, innovative baggage handling, the latest air cargo developments, temporary and cost-efficient terminals as well as operation and maintenance.
Siemens’ experts are looking forward to welcoming existing and new customers at inter airport Europe and the Smart Airports Conference and jointly discussing the trends and demands of the industry.